Serisilk™ is made from the cocoon of the domestic silkworm (Bombyx Mori). Its main active ingredient known as sericin is a thick 'glue-like' protein super-molecule scientifically known for its strong affinity for human skin and its miraculous ability to protect, nourish and hydrate better than any other skincare ingredient in the market. In the medical field, it has been prominently used in the field of biomaterial synthesis and tissue engineering. Numerous scientific studies validate its powerful properties especially in the field of skin repair and regeneration.
Sericin is a skin superfood widely known to have demonstrated the following incredible effects on human skin in real scientific studies:
1. Anti-Inflammatory effect by significantly lowering the amount of inflammatory molecules produced naturally in skin.
2. Pro-Circulatory effect by increasing blood flow through tissues (angiogenesis).
3. Anti-Scarring effect by regulating Transforming Growth Factors (TGF) β1 and β3.
4. Rapid-Healing effect by recruiting Mesenchymal Stem Cells to sites of injured or damaged skin.
5. Anti-Wrinkle effect by increasing skin's natural levels of collagen.
6. UV-Solar-Protection effect by being a natural guard against ultraviolet radiation.
7. Strong hydrating effect by mimicking NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor) and forming a skin barrier that reduces TEWL (Trans-Epidermal Water Loss).
 Sericin hydrogels promote skin wound healing with effective regeneration of hair follicles and sebaceous glands after complete loss of epidermis and dermis [Chao Qi, Luming Xu, Yan Deng, Guobin Wang, Zheng Wang, Lin Wang]