Serisilk™ is made from the cocoon of the domestic silkworm (Bombyx Mori). Its main active ingredient known as sericin is a thick 'glue-like' protein super-molecule scientifically known for its strong affinity for human skin and its miraculous ability to protect, nourish and hydrate better than any other skincare ingredient in the market. In the medical field, it has been prominently used in the field of biomaterial synthesis and tissue engineering. Numerous scientific studies validate its powerful properties especially in the field of skin repair and regeneration.
Sericin is a skin superfood widely known to have demonstrated the following incredible effects on human skin in real scientific studies:
1. Anti-Inflammatory effect by significantly lowering the amount of inflammatory molecules produced naturally in skin.
2. Pro-Circulatory effect by increasing blood flow through tissues (angiogenesis).
3. Anti-Scarring effect by regulating Transforming Growth Factors (TGF) β1 and β3.
4. Rapid-Healing effect by recruiting Mesenchymal Stem Cells to sites of injured or damaged skin.
5. Anti-Wrinkle effect by increasing skin's natural levels of collagen.
6. UV-Solar-Protection effect by being a natural guard against ultraviolet radiation.
7. Strong hydrating effect by mimicking NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor) and forming a skin barrier that reduces TEWL (Trans-Epidermal Water Loss).
 Sericin hydrogels promote skin wound healing with effective regeneration of hair follicles and sebaceous glands after complete loss of epidermis and dermis [Chao Qi, Luming Xu, Yan Deng, Guobin Wang, Zheng Wang, Lin Wang]
This super ingredient is a must-have with numerous benefits which include:
1. Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around eyes to create a refreshed, youthful glow
2. Moisturzing dry skin around eyes which leaves skin supple, hydrated and moist
3. Antioxidant properties which leaves skin looking smooth and reduces appearance of pores and spots.
4. Oil controlling properties which reduce the production of sebum which causes oily skin appearance.
5. Antioxidant properties which help in the fading of dark spots and discoloration
6. Reduction of rednesss and inflammation.
Consisting of Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-7 and Dipeptide-2, these short-chain amino-acid building blocks penetrate deep within the layers of skin to upregulate the natural synthesis of collagen, thereby effectively reducing the appearance of wrinkles with time.
Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant compounds which reduces oxidative stress from free-radicals and damaging pro-inflammatory cytokines produced by skin, thereby reducing redness and inflammation.
Hydrating compound which binds moisture, a compound which contains catechins found in green tea as well as Vitamin E. It regenerates and soothes skin as an emollient, also guarding against harmful UV rays.
A plethora of natural extracts containing Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, Darutoside, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract and Prunus Yedoensis Leaf Extract, all of which provide hydrating, anti-oxidant and protective effects on skin.
The Alexandr&Co SeriShine Anti Aging Eye Cream, enriched with ultra concentrated Serisilk™ ensures vital care for what matters most in beauty - the eyes. Users should notice an improvement in crow’s feet (smile lines), spots, sagging skin and dark circles to reveal alluring eyes that shine.
-No Artificial Colors
-Low Irritant Potential
-No Animal Testing
-Product Class: Eye Cream
-Country Of Manufacture: Japan
-Period After Opening: 12 months
-Bottle Dimensions: 38mm(h) x 60mm(d)
-Package Dimensions: 42mm x 80mm x 80mm
-Weight/Volume (content) 25g
Water, Squalane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Sericin, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Dipeptide-2, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, N-hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, Darutoside, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Prunus Yedoensis Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Pca, Pullulan, 1,2-hexanediol, Tocopherol, Caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic Triglyceride, Bis-ethoxydiglycol Cyclohexane 1,4-dicarboxylate, Cholesteryl Hydroxystearate, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Steareth-20, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Lactate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Fragrance
After cleansing apply a small dot of SeriShine Eye Cream to the under-eye area and in a gentle gliding motion spread outwards. Allow 2-3 minutes for absorption before using other products. Avoid direct contact with eyes. It is normal for the eye cream to feel slightly thick due to the very high concentration of sericin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately and consult your doctor.
FREQUENCY OF USE: Use twice daily after cleansing, toning and application of serum. Use once a day at night if using make-up during the day.